Provides skilled respiratory care to patients in variety of healthcare settings. Respiratory therapy technicians—also known as respiratory care practitioners—evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. Practising under the direction of a specialist pulmonologist/physician, respiratory therapists assume primary responsibility for all respiratory care therapeutic treatments and diagnostic procedures. They follow specific, well-defined respiratory care procedures.
Respiratory therapists also are more likely to provide complex therapy requiring considerable independent judgment, such as caring for patients on life support in intensive-care units of hospitals.
As part of the respiratory therapist job description, they evaluate and treat all types of patients, ranging from premature infants whose lungs are not fully developed to elderly people whose lungs are diseased. Respiratory therapists provide temporary relief to patients with chronic asthma or emphysema, and they give emergency care to patients who are victims of a heart attack, stroke, drowning, or shock.
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy or its equivalent.
- Minimum of two years experiences after qualification.
- DHA license to practice Dubai, UAE.
- Fluent spoken and written English, spoken Arabic is advantageous but not essential
- Work well under pressure and in emergencies
- Be detail-oriented
- Follow exact instructions
- Work well in a team or alone
- Have considerable computer proficiency
Apply at email@example.com