Nurse Duty Manager
The Duty Manager’s fundamental role is to improve the patient experience through the delivery of safe, effective and timely care and treatment in an atmosphere that promotes respect and caring.
The provision of patient care delivery requires specialized knowledge, judgment and skill, based on best practice models derived from physical, biological, behavioral, psychosocial and medical evidence-based principles.
As such, patient services will be planned, coordinated, provided, delegated, and supervised by professional healthcare providers.
The main objectives of the site manager role are:
- Providing leadership to clinical and non-clinical staff within CSH, to ensure high standards of evidence-based, patient-focused care, while meeting regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Ensuring that facilities, administrative and support services support the delivery of high standards of care.
- To provide a visible, accessible and authoritative presence for patients and their families, contractors and staff.
- To hold overall responsibility for the provision of operations within the facility during and out of office hours.
- To manage the facility ensuring adequate staffing and delivery of services.
- To work collaboratively and effectively with the Director of nursing to develop and implement patient safety strategies and quality.
- To demonstrate leadership and clinical expertise in the care of any patients receiving treatment at CSH including the management of emergency situations such as Rapid Response and Code Blue/Pink.
- To oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the needs of patients on an ongoing basis, coordinating the care given by all members of the clinical team.
- To act as a resource person to all staff and contractors providing accurate information, advice and support to the multidisciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained reflecting relevant operational issues and capability including staffing, patients, facilities, infection control and business continuity and relevant incidents.
- To ensure that Clinical and Operational Guidelines are implemented and to be actively involved in auditing practice.
- To ensure that practice is evidence-based and implement policies and protocols as required within the clinical area.
- To uphold high standards for all departments.
- To support the process of continuous quality improvement, leading on clinical audits etc. to formally evaluate standards of care and assist in the implementation of changes in the light of such findings.
- To oversee patient admissions and transfers in collaboration with the reception staff, to both within and outside CSH escorting and receiving ill patients in consultation with the medical teams.
- To actively implement the nursing / local strategy and uphold the ethos of the local philosophy.
Educational Achievements/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent qualification.
- Worked within the capacity of a Senior Nursing position in an appropriate service environment within the last 2 years.
- DHA Registered Nurse
- Had at least three years of experience in managing a team of nurses