Medical transcriptionists listen to voice recordings that physicians and other healthcare professionals make and convert them into written reports. They may also review and edit medical documents created using speech recognition technology. Transcriptionists interpret medical terminology and abbreviations in preparing patients’ medical histories, discharge summaries, and other documents.
- Graduate with a Medical Transcriptionist Diploma / Certificate Course or its equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values. Knowledge of specialty (or specialties) as appropriate.
- Knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices.
- Proven skills in English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and editing.
- Ability to use designated professional reference materials including ICD 10.
- Ability to operate word processing equipment, dictation and transcription equipment, and other equipment as specified.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate, excellent listening skills, and excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination.
- Ability to understand and apply relevant legal concepts (e.g., confidentiality).
- At least one (1) or more years in healthcare setup.
- Should be able to identify accents of multi nationalities
- Great typing skills of not less than 55 – 60 words per minute and well versed with Word and Excel.
- Good understanding of standard medical documentation like OT notes, Discharge summaries, etc., including medical jargons.
- Proofreading experience is an advantage.
- Reporting and log maintenance.
Please share your CV at email@example.com
Related Jobs (2)
Patient Engagement Executive/ Officer / Team lead – UAE Nationals Only on November 3, 2022
Marketing & Business Development Executive / Officer – UAE Nationals Only on November 3, 2022