- Expertise in medical record review to abstract information required to support accurate coding.
- Expertise in assigning accurate ICD-10, CPT, DSL and HCPCS codes for procedures performed in the Outpatient/Inpatient setting.
- Expertise in assigning accurate DRG codes for Inpatient admissions with profound experience in using 3M software. Also, utilize 3m coding tools to ensure accurate coding practices.
- Adhere to the DHA E-claim guidelines and ICD/CPT coding guidelines.
- Acts as a resource when necessary for pre-authorization and resubmission issues for Inpatient coding.
- Independently Query physician for clarification and documentation prior to code assignment.
- Evaluate and support the resubmission team in coding-related denials.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Accurate assignment of ICD-10 codes for primary/secondary diagnosis and CPT 2018 codes for procedures.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Well versed with 3M software
- Education: Degree in any related field preferably medical background. CCS (AHIMA) or CPC (AAPC) certification is mandatory.
- Duration and Type of Experience: 2 years coding experience preferably in an Inpatient setting with well-versed knowledge of IR DRG system. In addition to medical coding, knowledge of the billing process will be a plus. Both inpatient and outpatient experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in Clinical Documentation training to Physicians and other medical professionals.
- Detailed knowledge of the DHA E-claim submission process.
- Experience in Inpatient Pre-approvals is preferable.
Please share your CV on email@example.com